Friday 10 October 2014

The Lishman Saga Continues............Outpatients or Out OF Patience?


And so the Saga continues………………..
Yesterday was a day I’ve been waiting for nearly 7 months………..my first Outpatient appointment with my Consultant Neuropsychiatrist after my 3 month Inpatient treatment at the beginning of this year at the Maudsley.  Well, I say my first, actually my second date apparently, but the first one, some 2 months ago I didn’t attend and they wrote to my GP complaining………. However what they forgot was I am not psychic and as they hadn’t sent an appointment letter I wasn’t aware of it!!!!
So, the GP telephoned, explained and arranged a new appointment, confirmed it with both them and myself a couple of weeks ago and booked me Patient Transport to make the journey (about 40 miles, but right through the centre of London).  The big day arrived, Transport came a little later than I’d expected , leaving just 90 minutes to make the trip for 3:30pm appointment………and of course this being London and in torrential rain……2 hours later we got to the hospital 30 minutes late already.  However, 30! minutes later we managed to parked (taking into consideration this is an Ambulance!) and I was off-loaded in my chair.  Now bearing in mind I STILL had no appointment letter, just the name of the department in Kings given to me by my GP, not quite the same one as the transport crew had, but close enough (I had Neuropsychiatry, they Neuropsychology).  We shot into the nearest entrance and made a bee-line for the Helpdesk.   Now by this time, 2½ hours of being bounced and jolted around corners, I was a mess of seizures, little cognizance and virtually no speech so the crew were in charge.  “Oh yes”, says the helpdesk, “1st floor and to your left, lifts are just over there”.  10 minutes later we managed to get a lift that actually worked!!!! Got to the department door and I looked at the label “Cardiology”???????   Ummm, NO, don’t think so!  Anyway, the crew and I waited patiently whilst the receptionist nattered on the phone….and waited………..and waited.  Eventually a nurse came by and she was almost grabbed physically by the crew.  She was kind enough to search their computer system for my name, which she found, but NO appointment or place!  Well, long story short, we went around and around that darned hospital, led to different places firstly by a nurse, then a Sister and eventually a porter (“who knows the whole hospital”), riding in “staff only” lifts, me having seizures every 5 minutes and doctors enquiring as to my fitness to continue and “I’d suggest you take him to A&E”.
Well, you can guess what happened……….no Department, no Appointment, NO Consultant and not even a cup of tea!  By 5:30pm the crew had enough, bought me a bottle of water (which I promptly threw all over the floor after the first sip during another seizure) and stuffed me back in the transport ambulance.  Then had a nightmare 2¼ hour journey back home in torrential rain and the rush hour.  Fortunately I don’t remember too much of it, but remember collapsing into my bed at 8pm once they dropped me off and awoke 10am this morning!
Guess it’s back to my GP on Monday to ask her to rearrange yet again (and no doubt another 3 month wait?).  BUT this time I want DETAILS!  Exactly where, which building, which department, telephone contact number, colour of the walls............... the works! 
I’d hesitate a guess that overall cost was in excess of £500, maybe more taking the consultant’s time into consideration also (assuming he actually was waiting for me!)!  What a WASTE of time, money and effort. 
I wonder what joys the three local hospital appointments next week shall bring???
And now the bright note...........my new wheelchair self-propel wheels are MARVELLOUS!  So much easier and more comfortable a ride than those previous little "attendant" ones I was forced to have over a year ago :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment