Saturday 21 June 2014

The Heart of FNDHope?

Today the Postie delivered a package.  Nothing unusual in that I hear you say.  Well think again gentle readers.  When I saw it I was Flabbergasted.  Yes my friends, my Gast was completely and utterly Flabbered!
This is what I saw laid on my worktop:
 
 And upon opening it, with tears running down my cheeks, this is what I found:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What an amazing, thoughtful, incredible gift to receive.   We all support each other in this insidious condition, but some have a talent, a humanity and deep belief in going the extra mile to make the rest of us feel there is good in this world, understand we are not alone and raise our spirits with their kindness. 
Over the last few months I have been the lucky recipient of a few thoughtful gifts from 3 or 4 very special people who have supported me and raised my spirits just when I most needed them. 
This package combines the spirit and ethos of all that we hold dear in FNDHope I feel.
 
 
 
To you all, and you know who you are, a huge THANK YOU.  (and yes, that is an Oxford coma, I think, Francis and Leoni) :-)
However, a very special and heartfelt THANK YOU to Laura for today’s amazing surprise!  Although I've been a long time in recovering from this darkness, descended upon me after discharge from the Maudsley Hospital's Lishman unit at the end of March, the receipt of such understanding, support and thoughtfulness reminds me that the love in this world is the most special gift we have.
My love and best wishes to you all in your own journey to conquer FND. 
You are all AWESOME people.  It is so comforting and wonderful to know WE ARE NOT ALONE

1 comment:

  1. What a great surprise. Laura is truly amazing. There is no one more deserving than yourself Duncan. So many look to you with such admiration. Your one in a million!

    ReplyDelete