Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Lishman Journal - Days 61 - 63

I wanted to write another journal entry today because I have newsworthy substance to impart.  
As you may have read in the previous journal entry, on Saturday I went walkies to the top of Denmark Hill and on Sunday I walked my gorgeous visitor to the hospital entrance and back.  This gave me the realization that I CAN DO THIS!  I CAN stop having seizures, I CAN walk again, I CAN be in a noisy, bustling, crowded space, I CAN talk normally, intelligibly and authoritatively.  Basically I CAN HAVE MY LIFE BACK.  With independence and options and enjoyment and love and companionship.  All those things I had long ago lost to illness and misinterpretations.    This really IS going to work!!!!!
So, in this heightened state of self-acknowledgment and awareness, Monday was “Ward round day” and I was able to decide, along with the team, on a discharge date!!!  And so it is to be that, on the 25th March 2014, I shall be leaving here and returning to Hampshire, once again to take on this wonderful world of ours.  I wonder what will befall me upon my new pathway through life.  I am still unsure as to whether I shall be able to drive and I am finding this question to be increasingly important to me.  Upon this decision depends my future moves.  I am starting to allow myself the faint hope of being able to MOT my car, have it serviced, hook up my caravan and go a-roving for a couple of (few) months into the summer.  I have decided every other “procedure” I should re-organizing at the hospital I shall put on hold.  They are unimportant in the grand scheme of things (at least, until my arm drops off and the other bit I don’t use any more……..).
Leoni, now in her home stretch, has choices to make and we are all encouraging her in her efforts to push on through the pain and despondency, irritation and annoyances, bewilderment and past to achieve her goal.  I’d like to walk out of here to the main entrance with her beside me to see me off………….. (are you listening L????) XX.J
Today, being Shrove Tuesday, our resident cookery team came up trumps once again and out lunch was capped off beautifully and tastefully with pancakes and a choice of toppings – lemon and sugar or ham and cheese or chocolate spread………………..mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. THANKS PEOPLE!
We also had 2 newbies arrived, both ladies so it’s been a fairly hectic day all told.  Quite surprising how new arrivals can cause such a change in our “regime”, especially in the dining room with seating arrangements.  I must say we do NOT do well in changing “OUR” seating plan!! J
And so to close this evening, sitting in the dining room on a towel (stops me sweating against the chair seats….so much more comfortable now but won’t go into detail)J and awaiting supper……..can I cram any more in????
Until tomorrow dear friends………..sleep well and may tomorrow bring even better things to you all………. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment